03 October 2016

Working Smart - 2

Saving your files with a date


On an average, you would be creating and accessing at least 10-12 documents, spreadsheets etc. Soon there would be hundreds if not thousands of documents piling up in your directory with different file names. Accessing it alphabetically may be an option but prefer to name my documents with a yymmdd_filename format which lists the documents in the directory in a nice organised way starting with the most recent ones on the top.



When I create documents in such numbers, I often forget the name of the document which I have created. Sometimes, I don’t access a document for several weeks which removes it from the recent documents list of word and excel. That’s where I end up using the search function in the Windows explorer. Explorer searches all the directories and subdirectories and highlights all the filenames starting with the year and month - if you have been saving all your files starting with the yymmdd prefix.

Work Smart and share your experiences of Working smart.
Working Smart - 3 Find that email

No comments:

Post a Comment